Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer - never travelled to USA

Dear all,
    I need your help in understanding how to proceed in my case.
    I got H1 Visa stamped on my passport and valid till 2014 end. I never travel to USA on current H1. (Previously traveled to USA on L1 with other organization). As the employer is small, he does not have much options to relocate me to USA. Now can I transfer current H1 to new employer and use the same current visa stamping( which is on passport) to travel to USA through new employer.

Is current H1 petition required for H1 Transfer ( it is with employer, I do not have that with me).
    Shall I go to stamping again with new petition which would I get from new employer or can I use existing one which is on the passport to travel to USA?.

Need your help.

Aditya

Originally posted by aditya1974 View Post
    Dear all,
    I need your help in understanding how to proceed in my case.
    I got H1 Visa stamped on my passport and valid till 2014 end. I never travel to USA on current H1. (Previously traveled to USA on L1 with other organization). As the employer is small, he does not have much options to relocate me to USA. Now can I transfer current H1 to new employer and use the same current visa stamping( which is on passport) to travel to USA through new employer. -- Yes

Is current H1 petition required for H1 Transfer ( it is with employer, I do not have that with me). -- Technically receipt number is sufficient, but some employers will insist on seeing a copy of the approval notice. Don't you have a copy from when you got the Visa?
    Shall I go to stamping again with new petition which would I get from new employer or can I use existing one which is on the passport to travel to USA?. -- There is no need.

Need your help.

Aditya
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X