Need Guidance with my H1B Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Guidance with my H1B Visa

My renewed H1B Visa with my existing employer will expired in September 2014. If I Transfer to a different employer with my H1B Visa, do I still only have 1 year left on my H1B and will have to leave US for 1 full year before acquiring a fresh H1B Visa? Or will by Transfer H1B Visa be renew for another 6 years?

Thanks,
    Duc.

Originally posted by cuemaster98 View Post
    My renewed H1B Visa with my existing employer will expired in September 2014. If I Transfer to a different employer with my H1B Visa, do I still only have 1 year left on my H1B and will have to leave US for 1 full year before acquiring a fresh H1B Visa? Or will by Transfer H1B Visa be renew for another 6 years?

Thanks,
    Duc.
    H1B validity is cumulative. So that means you will not get another 6 years.

Comment

You will be eligible only for 6 years minus the time spent in the US in H1+L1 status.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by imirza View Post
        H1B validity is cumulative. So that means you will not get another 6 years.
        Thanks, was told that if I do an H1B transfer, I would only get 1 year remaining. If I find a new employer that willing to apply for a New H1B Visa, will I be able to get fresh start with 3 new year? I was told that I should go back to my TN Visa once the H1B Visa is finished.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X