H1 extension for last 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension for last 6 months

Hi - I want to reenter USA on H1B visa, which has 6 months of validity remaining of the entire 6 year period. Will my renewal application be accepted by USCIS in that case? Or will they reject my petition because there is not much time left on it?

Also, can I support my petition then with any additional documents like a green card (which is not ready now but i hope will be done by then)? Or will I have to show them a return ticket proving that I'll exit US within that 6 month period?

TIA

Originally posted by swati mp View Post
    Hi - I want to reenter USA on H1B visa, which has 6 months of validity remaining of the entire 6 year period. Will my renewal application be accepted by USCIS in that case? Or will they reject my petition because there is not much time left on it?

Also, can I support my petition then with any additional documents like a green card (which is not ready now but i hope will be done by then)? Or will I have to show them a return ticket proving that I'll exit US within that 6 month period?

TIA
    When you say 6 months remaining in 6 year, does it mean you have already worked on the current H1 for 5.5 years?

Comment

Yes, you are right, I have already worked for 5.5 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by swati mp View Post
        Yes, you are right, I have already worked for 5.5 yrs
        You can surely go for the visa interview as long as petition is valid and have the required documents.
        . If the visa is approved, the maximum validity for the visa will be 1 year or until the date the petition expires if there is less than 1 year remaining on the petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, that is in fact my question, what are the chances of my visa being approved or rejected? Any ideas?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X