Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help: Urgent: H1B transfer premium processing question

Hi,

I currently have a I797B with my present employer B. Previously I had a I797A with a diff employer A.

I got the I797B because, I had resigned earlier than my docs got submitted to DOL. Then my current company had to do a consular processing to get me the visa. I had a total of maybe a week when I had resigned from A and B had not yet filed my case.

Now, I have a offer from another company C who is filing H1B transfer under premium processing. The LCA package was sent to DOL on July 31, 2013; but I still have no receipt (Aug 6, 2013)

I am very worried if my out of status past and my I797B are causing a delay. Please any help/info reg this is highly appreciated.

Krishna

Please Help: Urgent: H1B transfer premium processing question

Please anyone. Urgent help needed.

Comment

Originally posted by chaits1986 View Post
      Hi,

I currently have a I797B with my present employer B. Previously I had a I797A with a diff employer A.

I got the I797B because, I had resigned earlier than my docs got submitted to DOL. Then my current company had to do a consular processing to get me the visa. I had a total of maybe a week when I had resigned from A and B had not yet filed my case.

Now, I have a offer from another company C who is filing H1B transfer under premium processing. The LCA package was sent to DOL on July 31, 2013; but I still have no receipt (Aug 6, 2013)

I am very worried if my out of status past and my I797B are causing a delay. Please any help/info reg this is highly appreciated.

Krishna
      1. Resigning prior to receiving H1-B receipt notice is bad. Your company's paralegal would have advised you on the same.
      2. Filing for LCA has nothing to do with H1-B, they are completely two different departments. Said that, LCA is needed in order to file H1-B. You need to wait until receiving H1-B receipt.
      3. Counselor processing is not bad either. I know many of my friends who had to go through counselor processing, and have their H1-B now. Just make sure you take all the documents, and be genuine to the visa counselor in your home country.
      4. Past out-of-status could affect but as i said you might again get only 797B if approved.
      The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case.

Comment

Did you travel out or otherwise eventually obtain a proper I-94 corresponding to B?

If not you are still out of status and C's petition will also likely be approved without an I-94.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X