Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping - DUI case

Hello all,

I work as a mechanical researcher with an automotive supplier (full time, direct hire). I was involved in a DUI on September 15, 2012. I paid all court fines and did other formalities like community service, counselling sessions etc which the court asked me to perform. I am currently on a probation till November 1st, 2013.

I came to India and went for H1B stamping at Hyderabad consulate on July 29th, 2013. My probation officer/court said okay for my travel abroad. During the interview the VO just asked me about my DUI and gave me a 221g white form saying I need to get medical evaluation from an embassy panel physician. The only other thing I was asked is about my job title. I was given back my passport. I took the 221g and took doctor appointments and finished the evaluation by August 2nd, 2013.

On August 6th,2013 my visa status changed from "administrative processing" to "refused". I have no clue what the reason might be. I read cases in many forums that people were successful getting visa stamped with a single DUI. I don't know what went wrong with my case. I am confident that my medical evaluation should be okay since I was teetotaler since the September 2012. Can some one please throw some light of what might have went wrong and what further steps I can take before re-appearing for the interview.

Hi,

I was wondering if you had any inputs/experiences to share regarding how your case finally went?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X