X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is H4 Stamping required?

I want to bring my wife on H4. Her current US visa status is as below:

1. She came on H4 visa initially in July 2012
    2. H4 status got transferred as I switched from company A to B. She received a new approved H4 petition while she was in US. USCIS sent this in email.
    3. She traveled back to India in Jan 2013
    3. She got her H1 visa stamped from company A hoping she travels soon. Her H1 is valid till October 2013. Also when US consulate approved H1 visa they declared the previous H4 as void.

Since we are not able to foresee what might happen by October we want to plan for the alternative. Please tell what needs to be done in order to bring her on H4. Do i need to send the H4 approved petition to her which I received after joining B. Please guide me with the checklist and other support my wife might need while she goes for stamping. Does she need to go for H4 stamping or she can travel with H1 stamping and H4 approved petition paper.

Thank you so much for your help!
    Prashant

If she does not want to travel with H1 Visa, she will need to apply for H4 Visa like before. She will use your latest H1 petition to apply for H4 Visa.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      If she does not want to travel with H1 Visa, she will need to apply for H4 Visa like before. She will use your latest H1 petition to apply for H4 Visa.
      Thank you so much for your reply. Can you help me with the set of steps she needs to do in order for stamping.
      Thanks
      Prashant

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X