Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B stamped visa getting expired. Can the same visa be used for another organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamped visa getting expired. Can the same visa be used for another organization?

Hi,

My H1B visa was filed on june 5,2012 and I received an RFE, I responded to RFE and got RFE cleared. Then my H1B visa was stamped on june 25, 2013. The current petition is valid till Dec 5,2013.

The project on which I was supposed to travel got scrapped and gone to another vendor. Currently in my organization, there is no mainframe project/requirement for me so that I can travel US in coming months before my Visa expires and get my visa extended.

The question which I have are :

1.) I haven't traveled US on this visa,Can I join another organization and use the same Visa to travel US?
    2.) If my visa get expires, how long will it take to obtain new petition and getting it stamped again from current/another employer on the same visa?
    3.) what is the cut-off date for me to file an extension and travel US so that the visa can be used directly.( The current petition expires on Dec 5,2013)

Please help me on the above queries.

Regards,
    vishy

H1B stamped visa getting expired. Can the same visa be used for another organization?

I would suggest you to find an another employer who can transfer the petition in premium and then you can travel using your current visa (stamped on your passport). Extension part will be taken care by your new employer.

Once your visa expires, Even if you transfer the petition, you cannot travel using that stamped visa. You need to go for fresh stamping.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X