Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

Hi -
    I appeared for H1 visa last week in mumbai embassay, but they gave me 221g and asked for more documents from my to-be employer in USA. They asked me to secure those documents and then come back again. While I have requested my employer to send those documents to me, now I am thinking of not accepting their offer and planning of staying back in India itself(This is due to sudden downside of my father's health).

Now, how do I notify my intent to the embassay? what should I tell them? Would this be considered as a visa rejection for me? Will this affect if I go back for visa after few years again?

Your advice and thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by posttoforums; 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM.

Help on my question above please!

Help on my question above please!

Comment

Ok! I think the consulate will keep ur visa on hold. Please share the documents asked by the VO.

Comment

Hi,
        I am not sure if there is a procedure to inform them if you do not intend to get your visa stamping done. If you don't follow it up with them now, then when you go in for an interview later, you will just have to explain your situation and probably substantiate it with documents if possible.
        Try calling the Mumbai Consulate to see if they have anything to say in this regard.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X