221(g) Earlier and now doc retained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) Earlier and now doc retained

I appeared for h1b interview upon 22-Aug-2005. The visa officer issued me 221(g) demanding for more documents of US company and myself. I again appeared for follow up interview upon 07-Sep-2005. He retained all the documents except passports. He told me that he wants to review the documents and would call me again and don't need to come up with family and kids next time.

My question is, this time he have not issued me 221(g) document as given earlier. The passport have been marked as Application Received with putting (g). Should the visa officer given me document like 221(g) ?

Would the visa officer calls me, and when ? What type of situation, it is. Is it someone gone thru this situation?.

I request, kindly help me out.

Hi,
    In these circumstances you have no choice but to wait for the consulate to contact you. You can try sending them a e-mail to their non-immigrant visa section ID, but they might only respond.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

H1 B Checklist

I request you to share a checklist of all the documents that are asked by the VO.

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
        Hi,
        In these circumstances you have no choice but to wait for the consulate to contact you. You can try sending them a e-mail to their non-immigrant visa section ID, but they might only respond.
        Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I request you to answer for the following questions?

1) Do the VO should given me the refusal document as given earlier like 221(g) [Green Form], in this case.

If not required, then the security will not allow me to enter into embassy.

2) What's the expected time when the embassy would contact me? Do you know this case have happened earlier to any one. How much time it take?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravikiran
          I request you to share a checklist of all the documents that are asked by the VO.
          The following documents have been given to VO :

1) Photographs of the US Company
          2) Lease of the US company
          3) Tax Returns
          4) Annual Returns
          5) Broucheres
          6) Bank Statements

In addition to this, I have given my company photographs and Resume with covering details of job duties in detail.

That's All !

Now, what the VO is looking for ?

The VO have retained all the above documents except passport (stamped as application received and marked with 'g'). But have not issued me any refusal document. He told me the embassy will contact you and need not to come again next time with family and kids. I also asked him, at the end, May i know how much time it will take ? He told me that I cann't commit you the time. It may take a week's time or two week but expected within a month.

When embassy will contact me ? and how i will enter into embassy without any offical document ? Do the document should issued by the VO in this case?

A lot of problems !

Comment

Hi bitelindia,
            The Consulate will get back to you after their verification. The Officers do this administrative processing when they suspect some discrepancy in the documents. If they have not given you a 221 (g) refusal intimation, you cannot go back to the consulate, and have to wait for them to contact you. Try calling up the consulate.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X