H1B Stamping at Sydney consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping at Sydney consulate

I am Sanjay, working for ABC company in Bangalore and currenlty working on onsite project in Sydney. I have got H1B stamped around 2 years back with ABC company at Chennai Consulate and valid upto October 2006. I have not been to USA after that from ABC company. Now, I am processing H1B with XYZ company and informed them that I would be here for some more time in Sydney. They told me that I can get it stamped in Sydney if I receive my papers before leaving back to India or I can get it stamped with Chennai consulate if I receive my papers after going back to India. That's all fine, but I need to clarify the following.

1. I heard that it would be difficult to get H1B stamped if you are not Australian Passport holder or Permanant Resident. I would like to know What would they expect from me and What kind of questions will be asked if you are a Indian Passport holder.
    2. In case, my Visa refused at Sydney, Will they suggest me to get it stamped from Chennai consulate or that's the end?
    3. In case, my Visa refused at Sydney, Will my previous H1B visa stamped with ABC company still valid?

Can somebody please help me!!!

Hi Sanjay,
    You can attend the H1B stamping for XYZ co. in Sydney as that is your present place of residence. But since the Visa Officers in Sydney will not be competent to verify the educational certificates and prior work experiences from India, they will mostly issue you with a 221(g) redirection to the Home consulate. This does not mean end to your visa. You will just have to explain at Chennai when you go for the interview about your rejection in Sydney.

And it is entirely the discretion of the Officers whether they will or not cancel the previous H1B.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
      Hi Sanjay,
      You can attend the H1B stamping for XYZ co. in Sydney as that is your present place of residence. But since the Visa Officers in Sydney will not be competent to verify the educational certificates and prior work experiences from India, they will mostly issue you with a 221(g) redirection to the Home consulate. This does not mean end to your visa. You will just have to explain at Chennai when you go for the interview about your rejection in Sydney.

And it is entirely the discretion of the Officers whether they will or not cancel the previous H1B.
      Veena
      you have cleared so many doubts od so many people ,keep up the good work
      please help me ,I live in US i went to mexico for H1b revalidation they asked me to go to home country ........and stamped a 221 G does that mean when I go to Chennai for stamping they will give me list of docs to be produced

please help me

Comment

H1B interview in Sydney

Hi Sanjay,

Have you attended the interview in sydney?
        Can you please respond? Hope you successfully cracked it.
        One small query. I am also planning to attend the H1-B in Melbourne. Are they comfortable in reviewing our educational certificates to avoid issuance of 221(g)

Originally posted by veena_swsh View Post
        Hi Sanjay,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X