Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query About H4 Visa Re-stamping

Hi,

I have a query. I have a H1B visa, which was issued on 08-Nov-2012 and is valid till 30-Sep-2013. Currently I'm in USA. My wife has a valid H4 visa, which was issued on the same date as mine (i.e. 08-Nov-2012) and is valid till the same date as mine (i.e. 30-Sep-2013). My wife came recently to US for a short duration (for about 32 days), and then she went back to India on 25-July-2013. Currently she is in India.

My employer has already raised a request for my visa extension, and I hope that I will receive my visa extension approval notice sometime in coming September month. If my visa gets successfully extended, then my wife will quit her job in India sometime in October/November and will then come to US to stay with me permanently (i.e for long term). Since my wife's current visa will be expiring in this coming September end, she will need to get her H4 visa restamped first, before coming to US in October/November.

Recently a friend told me that there is a condition which states that in case a person having H4 visa does not permanently shift to US the first time itself, then that person faces problems during re-stamping of H4 visa, and there is a chance that person might not be issued the visa again. Can you please tell me if there exists any such condition ? or is it just plain false ?

Thanks in advance !

There is no such thing. Neither H1 nor H4 is permanent.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Query About H4 Visa Re-stamping

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      There is no such thing. Neither H1 nor H4 is permanent.
      Thanks for replying, kabkaka. I think i did not make myself clear earlier. Let me rephrase the last paragraph:

"Recently a friend told me that there is a condition which states that in case a person having H4 visa does not travel to US along with the H1B person (like in this case, my wife came to US sometime in June, whereas I had arrived earlier in January itself), then the H4 person faces problems during re-stamping of H4 visa, and there is a chance that person might not be issued the visa again. Can you please tell me if there exists any such condition ? or is it just plain false ?"

Comment

There is no such thing.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X