Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Renewal Premium Processing - How far in advance can I apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal Premium Processing - How far in advance can I apply?

Hey Everyone,

I am hoping the experts on here can help me out so here goes. My first interval (3 years) for the H1B is coming to an end. My H1B expires on January 27th 2014 and I haven't left the country since I got the H1B visa back in January 2011. I am going to be travelling this November 2013 and asked my employer if they could renew my visa prior to my travel so that I can get it stamped. They spoke to the lawyer and the lawyer suggested that I travel with my existing H1B and get my stamping done based on that as it's valid until January 2014 and when I return from my trip in December they will put in the petition for renewal.

According to the lawyer, his reasoning behind doing it this way is that you cannot apply for a H1B renewal prior to 30 days of expiration, is this true?? My employer uses premium processing so I am not sure if that changes anything, but from searching online the general consensus is that you can apply 3 months in advance before expiration through regular processing. Does anyone know where I can find this information on the USCIS website for premium processing?

I would appreciate any feedback on this, thank you!

*Bump Anyone?

Comment

Can anyone help with this? Please?!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X