Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1to H1 conversion

Hi all

I am currently having a valid B1 Visa till 2022. I visited US on this VISA for my current employer in last year 2 times. My last visit was in sept-oct 2012. Now i have an offer from a company in US that is asking me to come on my current B1 and then they will file my H1 from there. They have an urgent requirement so they need me there as soon as possible.they say that they will give me some documents with which i will able to get 1 year entry stamping on my b1. I am not sure how feasible its going to be..please suggest if there is any risk in this.

TSG

Originally posted by tsg View Post
    Hi all

I am currently having a valid B1 Visa till 2022. I visited US on this VISA for my current employer in last year 2 times. My last visit was in sept-oct 2012. Now i have an offer from a company in US that is asking me to come on my current B1 and then they will file my H1 from there. They have an urgent requirement so they need me there as soon as possible.they say that they will give me some documents with which i will able to get 1 year entry stamping on my b1. I am not sure how feasible its going to be..please suggest if there is any risk in this.

TSG
    There are multiple loopholes in this approach and sounds very fishy.

First of all, you should not use B1 to work. Also, its very highly unlikely that you will get I-94 for 1 Year on B1. Lastly the success rate of B1 to H1 is very low. Do a proper due diligence on the company offering to provide such quick fire entry to US. You wouldnt want to be stranded without a job or in a foreign country without a proper job.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X