Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help !!

Hi All,

I have applied for H4 to F1 COS through ELIS.
    Currently, my H4 is approved and stamped till 2015.
    My husband who is also my sponsor is working in company A and has got an offer letter from company B. Company B is willing to do his H1 transfer under premium processing.

My questions are -

1. Am I also required to file my H4 transfer?

2. If not, then incase my F1 transfer gets rejected, will my H4 sponsored by company A be invalid?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Need_Help01; 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM.

Originally posted by Need_Help01 View Post
    Hi All,

I have applied for H4 to F1 COS through ELIS.
    Currently, my H4 is approved and stamped till 2015.
    My husband who is also my sponsor is working in company A and has got an offer letter from company B. Company B is willing to do his H1 transfer under premium processing.

My questions are -

1. Am I also required to file my H4 transfer?

2. If not, then incase my F1 transfer gets rejected, will my H4 sponsored by company A be invalid?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Technically there is nothing called H4 transfer. As long as you have a valid I-94 and your spouse is maintaining valid H1 status you are good. If you have I-94 till 2015 there is nothing that you need to do currently with respect to H4.

Yes, if you do leave US, after your H4 to F1 approval then you would have to get a new F1 stamping done if you want to return on F1 visa.
    But if you want to return on H4 then you dont need to go for stamping and can use the existing H4 till 2015 (till your husband is in valid H1 status) and show your spouse's latest H1 petition while entering US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X