Visitor visa with previous H4 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa with previous H4 stamping

I have to leave for India on a urgent basis. I plan to return mid december. My husband's H1 extension is stuck at USCIS with April 22 receipt date. Current H1 is expired. If I go to India now and in case the H1 extension is still pending till mid November, can I apply for a visitor visa with some of my relative sponsoring that for me? In short the question is can I get visitor stamping after I have had a H4 stamping done?

Hello,

Personal opinion. I am not a professional.

I feel, the best thing would be to come back again on H4, if your husband's H1 can be sorted out (Premium Processing).

I do not feel there are rules against H4 filing for a B2 visa, but the visa officers look at a case from various perspectives. Nothing against filing for a B2, but i feel, safer would be H4.

Personal opinion. I am not a professional.

Cheers,

Originally posted by ashutoash View Post
    I have to leave for India on a urgent basis. I plan to return mid december. My husband's H1 extension is stuck at USCIS with April 22 receipt date. Current H1 is expired. If I go to India now and in case the H1 extension is still pending till mid November, can I apply for a visitor visa with some of my relative sponsoring that for me? In short the question is can I get visitor stamping after I have had a H4 stamping done?
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X