Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 VISA - Couldnt get stamped

Hi ,

I have a question regarding H1 visa . I am a software engineer . My previous company initiated my H1 visa processing in 2012 and the application was approved , I was supposed to appear for H1 stamping Interview in sep 2012 ,, but before That I left the company and joined a new company . However the application status in Us consulate site still appears to be approved . Is there any way I can get the H1 stamped . Is there any provision of H1 transfer when the application is only approved and visa is not yet stamped .
    Kindly suggest

Regards
    Sakar

Originally posted by Sakar Kumar View Post
    Hi ,

I have a question regarding H1 visa . I am a software engineer . My previous company initiated my H1 visa processing in 2012 and the application was approved , I was supposed to appear for H1 stamping Interview in sep 2012 ,, but before That I left the company and joined a new company . However the application status in Us consulate site still appears to be approved . Is there any way I can get the H1 stamped . Is there any provision of H1 transfer when the application is only approved and visa is not yet stamped .
    Kindly suggest

Regards
    Sakar
    Hello, Sakar.

You need to find an employer and file a fresh petition to have the H1B recaptured. You can use this visa.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Sakar.

You need to find an employer and file a fresh petition to have the H1B recaptured. You can use this visa.

Cheers,
      Hi Nattybone ,

Is the current approved visa application has any advantage against filing a new H1 application .?

Regards ,
      Sakar

Comment

H1 VISA - Couldnt get stamped

Hi Sakar,

Your approved petition from Ur past company is valid for 6 years. Now, you can find an another employer who can transfer the petition to utilize the CAP from your past company. Once it is approved, You can appear for visa interview for your new approved petition and then can travel to the US with that approved visa to work for that new employer.

Hope this helps.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakar Kumar View Post
          Hi Nattybone ,

Is the current approved visa application has any advantage against filing a new H1 application .?

Regards ,
          Sakar
          Hello, Sakar.

Yes. There are a couple of advantages:
          a) You need not go through the cap again, as you were accounted for against the cap in 2012. (The draw in which your petition is randomly picked up out of all the petitions).
          b) You do not need to wait till April to file. You can file anytime, once you have a sponsor.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
          These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
            Hello, Sakar.

Yes. There are a couple of advantages:
            a) You need not go through the cap again, as you were accounted for against the cap in 2012. (The draw in which your petition is randomly picked up out of all the petitions).
            b) You do not need to wait till April to file. You can file anytime, once you have a sponsor.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
            Hi NattyBone ,

Thanks for replying ! I have another challenge , Since I have left the previous company they will not provide me any documents to help me transfer my petition . All I have is the UCS approved petition through which I check the status of my application . Is this Number sufficient for any prospective employer to get my H1 re-initiated again . I am afraid the lack of documents will make my Approved petition useless for any next employer . Kindly show some light on this .Will it be possible to proceed with only approved petition number ?

Regards ,
            Sakar

Comment

Do you have the receipt number only or do you also have the approval notice in hand? Technically receipt number is sufficient but some employers will insist on seeing the approval notice, so it is up to you to convince them.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
                Do you have the receipt number only or do you also have the approval notice in hand? Technically receipt number is sufficient but some employers will insist on seeing the approval notice, so it is up to you to convince them.
                Hi Kabkaba ,

I have the Receipt Number and also a Mail that my Petition has been approved . Moreover , The status shows that Petition is in POST DECISION ACTIVITY . akar

Kindly let me know if its ok .
                Please let me know if there is any specific Job site portal for H1 job seekers.

Many Thanks for your help !

Regards ,
                Sakar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X