Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B Transfer before october 1st - Special Case

Hello,

I have H1B approved for 2014 with COS. I have a special situation now. My H1B was applied by Employe A. My Current EMployer is B (with L1B). Now there is one employer C who is willing to sponsor me with better opportunity. Challenge is, I have resigned from Employer B and my last date is 30th. However, New employer C will do transfer from 2nd Oct. So in this case will I be out of status for one day? What happens if Employer A knows about this and cancels this?

If the receipt date for C's petition is before Oct 1, you will not be out of status. You can start working for C from Oct 1. (In fact you must).

A will obviously know that you have not joined them and they may withdraw the petition. But it will make no difference to you.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

L1B to H1B

Hi, I am working for company A on L1B visa which expires on 20th Oct 2013 and have I-94 valid till 2015. Now, company B sponsor me a H1b visa and petition get approve.
      1.) Can I work on L1 till 20th October 2013 even after I get my H1B I-797.
      2.) Is it legal to stay with company A till 20th OCT.
      3.) Will i need to go back to India if i leave company A.

Comment

If H1B petition has been approved with change of status (I-94 at the bottom of approval notice), then your status will change from Oct 1. You must leave A and join B on Oct 1.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X