Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should attend H1B and H4 visa interviews together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should attend H1B and H4 visa interviews together?

Hi,

My H1B visa starts on Oct 1, 2013. I am going to India by the end of October for my marriage and I am returning back to USA on November 20, 2013 with my fiancee.

I am also going to take my H1B visa interview and my fiancee will be taking her H4 visa interview.

I have several question regarding this.

1. Could someone please tell whether we should take the interview together or separately? Which is better? Is there any advantage in taking the interview together?

2. The company that sponsored for my H1 B visa is a start up company and I am their first H1B employee, so our attorney advised me to take the H1 interview as soon as I land just to be safe, in case the processing takes time. In that case, I will not be able to take the interview with my wife since we are getting married on November 7, 2013. So is it okay to take the interviews separately?

3. IN CASE taking the interview together is the best option, then how should her DS 160 form be created? I read online somewhere that the dependent's DS-160 form could be created from the Principal's DS-160. But I am almost at the end of my application it has not asked me to create my dependent's DS-160. Even though, in my DS 160 I entered that I will be travelling with my spouse back to US and I am married and I entered her name and everything.

Please help me with my questions. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by ananthu1987 View Post
    Hi,

My H1B visa starts on Oct 1, 2013. I am going to India by the end of October for my marriage and I am returning back to USA on November 20, 2013 with my fiancee.

I am also going to take my H1B visa interview and my fiancee will be taking her H4 visa interview.

I have several question regarding this.

1. Could someone please tell whether we should take the interview together or separately? Which is better? Is there any advantage in taking the interview together? -- It makes no difference. But the advantage is that your spouse will not have to answer questions about your employment without you being present if you go together.

2. The company that sponsored for my H1 B visa is a start up company and I am their first H1B employee, so our attorney advised me to take the H1 interview as soon as I land just to be safe, in case the processing takes time. In that case, I will not be able to take the interview with my wife since we are getting married on November 7, 2013. So is it okay to take the interviews separately? -- Yes, that is fine.

3. IN CASE taking the interview together is the best option, then how should her DS 160 form be created? I read online somewhere that the dependent's DS-160 form could be created from the Principal's DS-160. But I am almost at the end of my application it has not asked me to create my dependent's DS-160. Even though, in my DS 160 I entered that I will be travelling with my spouse back to US and I am married and I entered her name and everything. -- It is just a convenience thing where you don't need to fill the same information again. It makes no difference if you fill the two forms separately.

Please help me with my questions. Thanks in advance.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X