Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa Extension

Hi,

My company has filed my H1-B visa and is valid till Dec 2013 and my stamping was done in March 2013 but due to some reasons I have not traveled to USA yet. Can I file for extension of my H1-B visa without travelling to USA once now?

Originally posted by gopal1403 View Post
    Hi,

My company has filed my H1-B visa and is valid till Dec 2013 and my stamping was done in March 2013 but due to some reasons I have not traveled to USA yet. Can I file for extension of my H1-B visa without travelling to USA once now?

Hello, Gopal.

Yes. It is possible. Your company will have to file a fresh petition.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Thanks for the info..

I had 1 query on this. If My company files a new petition and it gets approved by november 2013 but my 1st stamping visa is valid till dec 2013. So can i travel to USA somewhere in December starting on my first visa as on passport which is valid till dec 2013 without going for stamping.

Comment

Originally posted by gopal1403 View Post
        Thanks for the info..

I had 1 query on this. If My company files a new petition and it gets approved by november 2013 but my 1st stamping visa is valid till dec 2013. So can i travel to USA somewhere in December starting on my first visa as on passport which is valid till dec 2013 without going for stamping.
        Hello, Gopal.

But, if your company is ok to file for an extension, i.e. they want to have you in the US, then why are you even filing for an extension when you have 3 more months. Go right away on that petition, and file for an extension from USA. You could do that too.

Cheers,
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Right now the requirement is not fixed yet.. I was asking about this scenario if it happens.. Then what should i do in this case..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X