Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 about to expire, visa transfer under process

Hi All,
    My I94 is about to expire in two days and no extension is filed from my current employer. I got an another job offer, they filed my transfer in premium. But they don't want to give me a joining before it get approved.

Now my doubts are.
    As, I have to resign in two days. But, suppose If I will not get my joining in couple of weeks. Am I going to be out of status for this peroid because I am not working? Any other trouble I can face due to this in future?

Thanks,
    Ravi
    Last edited by ravivatish; 09-24-2013, 06:48 PM.

Originally posted by ravivatish View Post
    Hi All,
    My I94 is about to expire in two days and no extension is filed from my current employer. I got an another job offer, they filed my transfer in premium. But they don't want to give me a joining before it get approved.

Now my doubts are.
    As, I have to resign in two days. But, suppose If I will not get my joining in couple of weeks. Am I going to be out of status for this peroid because I am not working? Any other trouble I can face due to this in future?

Thanks,
    Ravi
    Hello, Ravi.

Please do not have any gap in your employment. Please figure out a way to have continuous employment. Having a gap will make you Out of Status. Even a day's gap is not good.

Hope this helps. Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

You are fine because of the pending petition. Make sure the receipt date for the new employer's petition falls before your current I-94 expiry date and your last day at work.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X