Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time H1-B stamping in Canada

Friends,

I have a question regarding the H1b stamping in Toronto, Canada for the first time. I have no masters in US but I have solid 3 years working experience in the US.
    I was working in L2-EAD and got my H1b visa last year. I am now planning to go to Toronto, Canada for stamping. Is it okay to go to Canada in this situation? I will really appreciate if any of you can share the experience you had in Canada with the similar situation.

Also, I am really scared if they will have me wait for administrative processing (221g). Will they give us the passport back in such case? And can we go out of the country in the interim?

I really need your help guys.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Annflower View Post
    Friends,

I have a question regarding the H1b stamping in Toronto, Canada for the first time. I have no masters in US but I have solid 3 years working experience in the US.
    I was working in L2-EAD and got my H1b visa last year. I am now planning to go to Toronto, Canada for stamping. Is it okay to go to Canada in this situation? I will really appreciate if any of you can share the experience you had in Canada with the similar situation.

Also, I am really scared if they will have me wait for administrative processing (221g). Will they give us the passport back in such case? And can we go out of the country in the interim?

Thanks.
    Hello, Annflower.

A number of people try Canada for their stamping and are quite happy with the experience. Just do check, please, whether first time H1B stamping can take place in a foreign country and not the home country alone. I had heard someone say this, so do check this up, please.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Annflower.

A number of people try Canada for their stamping and are quite happy with the experience. Just do check, please, whether first time H1B stamping can take place in a foreign country and not the home country alone. I had heard someone say this, so do check this up, please.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
      Thanks Nattybone. It is good to know that there were good experiences. I wish things don't go bad I checked with my employer and he said we can go for the first time stamping in Canada (Unlike Mexico where there is such a rule) but do at my own risk as they may give the 221g and I might need to stay back in Canada till it gets cleared up which might take days or even months. Do you or any of you reading this forum know if they give us the passport back in case of 221g? And will I be able to come back in H4 if H1 gets rejected or is in administrative processing (considering all the cases) and then do a COS from H4 to H1?

Comment

Thanks Nattybone. It is good to know that there were good experiences. I wish things don't go bad I checked with my employer and he said we can go for the first time stamping in Canada (Unlike Mexico where there is such a rule) but do at my own risk as they may give the 221g and I might need to stay back in Canada till it gets cleared up which might take days or even months. Do you or any of you reading this forum know if they give us the passport back in case of 221g? And will I be able to come back in H4 if H1 gets rejected or is in administrative processing (considering all the cases) and then do a COS from H4 to H1?
        Hello, Annflower.

There is a heavy thread on H1B forum on 221G, if you read through, who knows, you might find something which applies to your case. Also, i was given a 221G once, and they handed me my Passport back. But, in many cases they keep the Passport and ask for some extra documents.

Should you end up in a 221G where they keep your passport, you could try explaining that you are in need of the Passport to return as things might get delayed. It might work, you never know.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
          Hello, Annflower.

There is a heavy thread on H1B forum on 221G, if you read through, who knows, you might find something which applies to your case. Also, i was given a 221G once, and they handed me my Passport back. But, in many cases they keep the Passport and ask for some extra documents.

Should you end up in a 221G where they keep your passport, you could try explaining that you are in need of the Passport to return as things might get delayed. It might work, you never know.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
          Thanks Nattybone..This helps

Comment

221G Admin Processing - Toronto on Oct 17 2013 for First H1 Stamping

i Ann - I got 221G Admin Processing - Toronto on Oct 17 2013.

Did you attend your Visa - Any update from your side you can share

Comment

Friends,

Thanks.
              Hi, Did you get your visa approved. Can you please share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X