Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India

Hello,

My Petition and Visa Valid till Feb 2014 and need to travel to India urgently for my mother medical reason. I have not yet initiated the extension process and would initiate after my return.

I am planning to stay there in two weeks from oct 1st week. I do understand that I don't have to go for a stamping as my visa has not expired yet. However just want to make sure once again as I am not ready to take any chances here.

Raghvi & Kabkaba,

Please confirm if my understanding is correct!!

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
    Hello,

My Petition and Visa Valid till Feb 2014 and need to travel to India urgently for my mother medical reason. I have not yet initiated the extension process and would initiate after my return.

I am planning to stay there in two weeks from oct 1st week. I do understand that I don't have to go for a stamping as my visa has not expired yet. However just want to make sure once again as I am not ready to take any chances here.

Raghvi & Kabkaba,

Please confirm if my understanding is correct!!
    You should be fine to re enter till your current H1 expires without needing to go for new stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Travel to India

Thank you Raghvi,

My wife is waiting for her approval as her employer is in the process of submitting RFE response. It was submitted through consular process as she was there in India.

Can she travel with me now, return on h4 apply and apply for COS to h1 if her petition get approved? Or Should she be here as her h1 is under process? Thank you!!

Comment

Thank you Raghvi,

My wife is waiting for her approval as her employer is in the process of submitting RFE response. It was submitted through consular process as she was there in India.

Can she travel with me now, return on h4 apply and apply for COS to h1 if her petition get approved? Or Should she be here as her h1 is under process? Thank you!!
        Upon return, if H1 approved, an amendment to the H1 petition would need to be filed to convert from consular process to COS.

Comment

Travel to India

Yes, Will amend her petition from h4 to h1 once she return back.

One more quick question,

When I came first time, I have landed to Atlanta where my employer located. Currently I am working in a different state (OH) and LCA have been approved as for the same.

Can I have OH as my POE or Do I need to do anything else?

Comment

Yes, Will amend her petition from h4 to h1 once she return back.

One more quick question,

When I came first time, I have landed to Atlanta where my employer located. Currently I am working in a different state (OH) and LCA have been approved as for the same.

Can I have OH as my POE or Do I need to do anything else?
            POE doesnt matter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X