Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions Regarding H1B

Hi,
    I have a Masters degree in Computer Science and have been working in Malaysia for the past 5 years. I got my first H1B visa in Feb, 2001 but the company that offered me the job could not employ me due to the recession in US at that time. Subsequently, I received an offer from Malaysia and since 2001; I have been working in Malaysia as an Analyst Programmer. Recently I got an offer from a company in Florida and I have received my H1B approval as well. The company (founded in the year 2000) is quite a small company with only around 20 employees but they are a fast-growing company with stable clients as well. I have already booked an appointment slot with the U.S. Consulate at Chennai.

My Questions are:

1. Could you provide me with the check list of documents required for H1B stamping?
    2. As I did not travel to the U.S. with my first H1B visa, does this have any impact on my present H1B stamping process?
    3. Will my present Employment in Malaysia (an Islamic Country) have any impact on my stamping?
    4. As the company is a fairly small sized one, will this affect my visa stamping in any way?
    5. What kinds of questions can I expect to be asked by the Consulate Officer?
    6. Do you have any other advice or tips for me?

Thank you very much
    Regards
    Kumar
    Last edited by IndianTiger; 09-19-2005, 02:30 AM.

Hi Kumar,
    Documentation should include proof of educational qualification, past and present work experince letters, complete details of the US petitioning employer, H1B package. Present the valid reason why you did not travel on the previous H1B. It is much better not to have travelled than to have travelled and been on bench! Take complete details of the employer if you think they are small, including details of the projects/clients that you are going to be working on (if applicable), and some photos of employer/client.

All the best.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks Veena,

Thanks Veena, Appreciate your reply. Should i have to show the US employer's tax papers. Is there any other supportive documents that i have carry for the interview at US consulate.
      Thanks
      Last edited by IndianTiger; 09-19-2005, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianTiger
        Thanks Veena, Appreciate your reply. Should i have to show the US employer's tax papers. Is the any other supportive documents that i have carry for the interview at US consulate.
        Thanks

If available, take it.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Reconfirmation

Hi Veena,
          Should i have to reconfirm my appoinment as i have already booked for 3rd week of December.I have all the required documents with me including the company literature, broachers and catalogs, but i dont have my US employer's company photos
          As the date approaches I am getting bit nervous!!!!

Thanks
          Regards
          Kumar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X