Got 221g yellow in Toronto on 10/02/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 221g yellow in Toronto on 10/02/2013

I had my interview at Toronto for first H1 stamping. I did masters in Mechanical and working in I.T field.

Questions asked:

What is your highest Degree?
    What is your specialization?
    What is your final project topic?

That's all he asked for and gave 221g yellow . He did not ask any documents and kept I797 with him. I saw " PIMS expired" written on DS160 confirmation page. He said we need to get PIMS updated and we don't know how long its going to take. There is no batch number/date written on 221g, just my last name and "Necessary administrative processing " was selected.

Did anyone had this situation and How long it took to resolve the case.

Originally posted by kiran335 View Post
    I had my interview at Toronto for first H1 stamping. I did masters in Mechanical and working in I.T field.

Questions asked:

That's all he asked for and gave 221g yellow . He did not ask any documents and kept I797 with him. I saw " PIMS expired" written on DS160 confirmation page. He said we need to get PIMS updated and we don't know how long its going to take. There is no batch number/date written on 221g, just my last name and "Necessary administrative processing " was selected.

Hi Kiran - I got 221G@Toronto on September 11th 2013. I have no update as of today -october 3rd. i was not given any reason - i didnt look if the guys wrote something on my ds confirmation page

Comment

Questions asked:

PIMS updates are fasters. Usually gets resolved in 2-3 weeks.
      No need to be worried about this is a common reasons for Yellow 221g since past few years. (Specially in Canada)
      Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
        PIMS updates are fasters. Usually gets resolved in 2-3 weeks.
        No need to be worried about this is a common reasons for Yellow 221g since past few years. (Specially in Canada)

I got email from consulate the next day requesting to submit Passport.

The email says "We can now conclude your application for a nonimmigrant visa. It may take an additional workweek to prepare your visa after we have received these items. Once we have completed processing, your passport will be returned via Loomis to the pickup location you selected when first scheduling your visa interview appointment."

The status on CEAC still showing " Administrative processing" and the last update was on Oct 3rd . Hope it will be update sometime this week.

Comment

221G Admin Processing - Toronto on Oct 17 2013 for First H1 Stamping

Originally posted by kalyan_chakri31 View Post
          Hi Kiran - I got 221G@Toronto on September 11th 2013. I have no update as of today -october 3rd. i was not given any reason - i didnt look if the guys wrote something on my ds confirmation page
          Hi Kalyan - Any update on your case. I got 221G Admin Processing - Toronto on Oct 17 2013. VO asked me to wait for a week.

Only questions asked were

Where r u working Currently - I answered
          How Long - I answered
          Were you in US - I said Yes and i Said i was on L1
          He asked Who Sponsered - I told my current Company Name
          Thats it - Then He said

Wait for a week - You will know the Status

- - - Updated - - -

Guys - Any update from your end.

I got 221G Admin Processing - Toronto on Oct 17 2013.
          VO asked me to wait for a week.

Only questions asked were

Where r u working Currently - I answered
          How Long - I answered
          Were you in US - I said Yes and i Said i was on L1
          He asked Who Sponsered - I told my current Company Name
          Thats it - Then He said

Wait for a week - You will know the Status
          Last edited by Ven13; 10-20-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

221g Admin processing 12-11-2013

I had an interview today in Toronto Canada. and VO asked me some standard question like who is your employer? since what time you are working? what was your academic project? whats your title? salary?

and VO entered some data in computer for a while and got some problem and took help from another officer and again took some time and asked for my college and degree.
            finally she smiled and told me that unfortunately they need more administrative support and gave me yellow form! and also she told me that she will expedite the process and will contact me in week!

Just confused!
            who else has same problem? and what is the waiting time!

Thanks

Comment

Interview in Toronto 12/11/2013

Questions asked:

Hi Kiran,

i had similar set of questions and i was given 221G as well. No more updates from the consulate.

Comment

got an email regarding submitting passport

I got the same email as Kiran

I got email from consulate the next day requesting to submit Passport.

The email says "We can now conclude your application for a nonimmigrant visa. It may take an additional workweek to prepare your visa after we have received these items. Once we have completed processing, your passport will be returned via Loomis to the pickup location you selected when first scheduling your visa interview appointment."

The status on CEAC was showing till yesterday " Administrative processing" and the last update was on Dec 12th . and today status is also same but date is changed to 18th dec.

Comment

got 221 G Yellow slip at Toronto Consulate 12/19

Hi all,
                  I had interview today and got 221g yellow slip after these questions:

What is your profession?
                  What is your highest degree of education?
                  How long have you been working with the employer?
                  what is your salary?
                  Why did you choose Toronto consulate?

Then, he said we dont have enough details about your case in the system. We will contact you if we need additional information. No case number or anything. returned my passport.
                  I had the same issue with PIMS. The lady at the counter while giving token, checked in the system and wrote no- PIMS on the DS 160. She said not to worry.
                  Please let me know , if any of you guys got updates on your cases and how long is the wait time??

thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X