No announcement yet.

H-1b & H-4 extension both approved, h-1b submitted later, but approved earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1b & H-4 extension both approved, h-1b submitted later, but approved earlier

My husband's college first filed the petition for extending my h-4, and later they decided to give me a part-time job, and filed a petition for h-1b in part-time capacity. The h1-b petition used the premium processing, and was approved a month ago. Then, I received the approval for my h-4 extension a few days ago. Does it mean my status went back to h-4? What should the college have done to avoid such a situation? What can they do now?

Thanks a lot for any input!

Originally posted by hamachi View Post
    My husband's college first filed the petition for extending my h-4, and later they decided to give me a part-time job, and filed a petition for h-1b in part-time capacity. The h1-b petition used the premium processing, and was approved a month ago. Then, I received the approval for my h-4 extension a few days ago. Does it mean my status went back to h-4? What should the college have done to avoid such a situation? What can they do now?

Thanks a lot for any input!
    Hello, Hamachi.

These things happen all the time.

Would it be possible for you to call USCIS office and take their opinion on the matter? They might be able to help.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X