X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in H1 & H4

Hi Friends,
    I am having some doubts.
    I got a job a job in US. My VISA interviw will be on 13th Oct 2005 in Kolkata. With me my wife and daughter will also come for H4 visa. My questions are as follows:
    1) What are the forms required for H4 visa, only Ds156 & Ds157 or I have to filled up I-134, Affidavit of support also? If yes can you send any filled form of I-134 where client has applied for H4 visa for his or her spouse from India during his/her H1 visa interview.
    2) Regarding bank 6 months statement- I have to take statement upto Oct 12 th or it will be sufficient to take upto September end.
    3) If my balance are very poor it will create any problem?
    4) Question no 26 (DS156) HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND TO STAY IN THE US- What will be correct answer?
    5) In this site in various places it has mentioned to bring photo of inside and out side of previous company- Is it really necessary because some company they don't allow to take photo.
    6) In this site in various places it has mentioned to bring experience certificate from current company- As I am working in the organization so it is impossible to get experience certificate untill I will resigned- What to do?
    7) During interview is it necessary to take income tax return for last 3 years.

Kindly help me.

Regards,
    Girish

Hi Friends,

Awaiting for any body's reply. Please reply on urgent basis.

Please Reply.
    Girish.

Comment

Hi Girish,
      Your queries are answered as follows:

1) What are the forms required for H4 visa, only Ds156 & Ds157 or I
      have to filled up I-134, Affidavit of support also? If yes can you send
      any filled form of I-134 where client has applied for H4 visa for his or
      her spouse from India during his/her H1 visa interview.

DS 157 IS REQUIRED FOR MALES BETWEEN 16 TO 45 YEARS OF AGE. NOT FOR OTHERS. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST H1B STAMPING, YOU NEED NO AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT. IF YOU ARE ALREADY WORKING IN THE US AND THIS INTERVIEW IS FOR REVALIDATION, THEN YOU CAN PROVIDE THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AS EXTRA DOCUMENTATION FOR YOUR WIFE, NOT NECESSARY OTHERWISE.

2) Regarding bank 6 months statement- I have to take statement upto Oct
      12 th or it will be sufficient to take upto September end.
      3) If my balance are very poor it will create any problem?

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST H1B STAMPING, BANK BALANCE IS NOT IMPORTANT. HOWEVER TAKE RECENT BANK BALANCE TILL SEPT OF THE ACCOUNT IN WHICH YOUR PRESENT SALARY GETS CREDITIED. THAT IS THE ONLY THING THE VISA OFFICER MIGHT WANT TO CHECK IN THE STATEMENTS.

4) Question no 26 (DS156) HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND TO STAY IN THE US-
      What will be correct answer?

DATE OF EXPIRY OF THE H1B PETITON-MENTION EXACT DATE FROM H1B APPROVAL

5) In this site in various places it has mentioned to bring photo of
      inside and out side of previous company- Is it really necessary because
      some company they don't allow to take photo.

NOT MANDATORY. THE VISA OFFICER WILL ASK FOR IT ONLY IF HE IS NOT CONVINCED ABOUT THE EXPERINCE YOU ARE PRESENTLY SHOWING.

6) In this site in various places it has mentioned to bring experience
      certificate from current company- As I am working in the organization
      so it is impossible to get experience certificate untill I will
      resigned- What to do?

NOT MANDATORY. TAKE ALL DETAILS OF CURRENT EMPLOYMENT LIKE PAY-SLIPS, EMPLOYMENT CONFIRMATION LETTER, ETC.

7) During interview is it necessary to take income tax return for last
      3 years.

NOT MANDATORY. TAKE IT IF AVAILABLE.

all the best
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi

Dear Ms.Veena,

As i have already mailed you few questions, for which i got very convincing replies from you. It will help me lots.
        I am really thank full to you.

Soumen

Comment

Girish,

I remember reading somewhere about filling DS 157 form for all applicants (male or female) if appearing at US Consulate office in Kolkotta. Just take DS 157 for your wife also incase if they ask.

GoodLuck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X