Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B for Civil Engineers

Hi All,

I am having a Civil Engineering degree completed in Aug'99. After that I joined in a small software compnay and worked for 2 and half years in that company. That company has also processed my work permit for Uk and was in UK for 1 year. After returning from UK, I joind in a MNC at hyderabad which is a number 4 company in Inida. This company has processed my H1, which has got approved. I am going for my stamping @ chennai on Oct 26. I am working for the present company for 2 and half years and my total IT experience is 5 years. My question is, will it create a problem as my degree is in NON IT category??
    I don have any training certificates. One more thig is I lost all my UK pay stubs.
    What ever I have is all genuine experience and certificates.
    Please help me if this would create problem ?
    Can reply me at [email protected].

Regards,
    Srinivas
    Last edited by sboorugu; 09-19-2005, 03:13 AM.

Hi Srinivas,
    If your experience is genuine, you really don't have to worry about stamping. Just gather good documentation about current employer and face the interview boldly. Get the work experince letter from the UK employer. Its not mandatory to have the pay stubs. Take your P60 if you have filed for taxes in UK. Many people who have non-IT degrees have succeeded in their stamping. depends on your capacity to convince the Visa Officer.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thank you

Hi Veena,

Thank you very much for the prompt response.
      I have not filed my tax in UK and I dont have any P60. Can I go there without P60 ?

Thank you
      Srnivas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X