Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachelors requirements for HIB jobs?

Hello,
    I want to obtain an H1B visa as an acupuncturist in the state of North Carolina. I have an NC license. Although I have a bachelors degree and two masters degrees from this country (one Masters in acupuncture and oriental medicine) I was informed that I might not qualify for H1B unless the NC Acupuncture Licensing board required a bachelors degree to grant an Acupuncture license. The school I graduated from is a masters program and requires a bachelors degree but apparently that doesn't matter. Some schools only require 60-90 hrs of Bachelors studies to apply. The NC board states states:

"US Trained Applicants. All U.S. trained applicants shall graduate from a three year postgraduate acupuncture college, accredited by or in candidacy status by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) or its successor organization."

I have employers wanting to sponsor me but am uncertain what the truth of the matter is. How can I find out if my profession in this state qualifies for H1B?

Thanks!

The job that is being offered must require at least 4 year Bachelor's degree in order to qualify for H1B.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Required by the employer, the licensing board or the school graduated from? Who sets the standard? This is what I am trying to determine.

I was wondering if there is a process by which professions are evaluated in the case that there are "grey areas" such as this?

Comment

Required by the employer. But the requirement will be evaluated by the Department of Labor. Consult an experienced immigration attorney.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

If you would like to join a new job and do not find any type of job opportunity then you can make contact with any job placement firm like * because these firms have a good reputation in the market and they know all the requirement about the corporate sectors.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X