Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension without stamping

My situation is:

H1 approved till Dec 31, 2013 but not stamped.

Currently in US on H4.

Employer will change status from H4 to H1.

Question is: Can H1 be extended without being stamped or more precisely, can H1 be extended even if the employer does not change the status from H4 to H1 before Dec 31, 2013 but agrees on extending it?

Originally posted by nawab35 View Post
    My situation is:

H1 approved till Dec 31, 2013 but not stamped.

Currently in US on H4.

Employer will change status from H4 to H1.

Question is: Can H1 be extended without being stamped or more precisely, can H1 be extended even if the employer does not change the status from H4 to H1 before Dec 31, 2013 but agrees on extending it?
    Hello, Nawab.

An application for extension can be filed with Consular Processing. That way, even if you get the approval, you will continue to be on H4. At a later date, you could either travel outside US for stamping or try for Change of Status from US.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Nawab.

An application for extension can be filed with Consular Processing. That way, even if you get the approval, you will continue to be on H4. At a later date, you could either travel outside US for stamping or try for Change of Status from US.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
      Thanks Nattybone. That helps. I think you answered 'yes' to my question. I understand that I would be on H4 inspite of extension unless I get the visa stamped or a COS done.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
        Hello, Nawab.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
        Thanks Nattybone. I think you replied 'yes' to my question. I understand that even after extension of an approved H1(even if not currently working) will command me going outside US or doing COS if I have to start work.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X