No announcement yet.

H4 to F1 COS taking more than 5 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 COS taking more than 5 months.

I filed my change of status from H4 to F1 in May 2013 in Calfornia Service Center. I have already completed 2 Sem in a reputed university in CA on H4, my husband is currently on H1-b and our GC is currently I140 approved. It has been 5+ months but my status is still showing "Initial Review". I have called up USCIS regarding this but they said the background investigation is currently in progress and that is why it is still under "Initial Review". They are not letting me know when this would be complete.

Question --

1. Is this delay unusual.
    2. What could be my next alternative? Do i need to re-apply again?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    SR

Originally posted by tech4appa View Post
    I filed my change of status from H4 to F1 in May 2013 in Calfornia Service Center. I have already completed 2 Sem in a reputed university in CA on H4, my husband is currently on H1-b and our GC is currently I140 approved. It has been 5+ months but my status is still showing "Initial Review". I have called up USCIS regarding this but they said the background investigation is currently in progress and that is why it is still under "Initial Review". They are not letting me know when this would be complete.

Question --

1. Is this delay unusual.
    2. What could be my next alternative? Do i need to re-apply again?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    SR
    Unfortunately, the delay is usual. My friend also applied for a COS in Jan 2013 from H1 to F1 at California center and it took him almost 6-7 months by the time it was approved. Since F1 visas are processed as non-premium processing, the delay is higher. Even if you were to reapply, you will still have to wait for the same amount of time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X