Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel during h1b (I-94) extension.

Hi,

I am wondering is there any restrictions on travel to my home country during the process of h1b visa extension (I-94)?.
    Do i need to go through the visa stamping process in my country even if i have extened visa I-94 or i can travel back with extended I-94?.
    Is there any specific time limits of stay in my country (india) during visa extention process?.

Thanks in advance.
    Dannie

Originally posted by mekala.srinivas80 View Post
    Hi,

I am wondering is there any restrictions on travel to my home country during the process of h1b visa extension (I-94)?.
    Do i need to go through the visa stamping process in my country even if i have extened visa I-94 or i can travel back with extended I-94?.
    Is there any specific time limits of stay in my country (india) during visa extention process?.

Thanks in advance.
    Dannie
    One needs valid I-94 to stay in US, whereas one needs a valid visa in passport to enter US. Don't confuse the two.

So if you are planning to return after your visa expiry, you will need a fresh visa in your passport to be allowed entry. Merely having a pending extension doesnt allow you re entry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X