Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 - employer not sharing petition

Hi,
    Can you please answer my questions inline?

I came to US on H4 and applied for H1B visa. After that i went to my home country and came back after a month on H4 visa itself before getting my H1B approval. My employer shared my receipt number but i dont have the receipt copy with me.

1. I can see that there is a post decision activity on my petition receipt number but how can i verify that the number belongs to me?
    2. My employer says he has received my petition but he is not sharing my petition or even a scanned copy of it. Is it legal for him to keep the petition with him?
    3. Can i go for H1B transfer with any other employer only with the receipt number?
    4. What would be my start date on my H1B petition that my employer has received? Would it be Oct1st or he has to file a COS for me to get a start date again?
    5. If any employer is ready to do a H1b transfer for me only with the receipt number, then will there be any chances of H1B rejection since i dont have any H1B paystubs. If H1B transfer is rejected then do i need to go back to my home country immediately? Will it effect my current H4 status? Also will my employer be aware of it somehow?

Please let me know your thoughts so that i can plan my next steps.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Hi

Hi,
    Can you please advice? I am planning to leave back to india if nothing works out here. Request you to please clarify my questions.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X