Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Married after filing for H1B - Can I change details in Application & Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Married after filing for H1B - Can I change details in Application & Passport

Hi,

My H1B was filed in April-2013 and my status in application was 'Single' (Not Married). I recently got married on 10-October, during the time of my marriage my Case status was still in 'Review of Request for Evidence'.

Now my case status changed to Post Decision (Approved). I have the following questions;

1. Can I attend interview with my application status as Single (Not Married) ? My Passport does not contain Spouse name yet. And later apply for H4 for my wife ? Will it create any problems in future for my wife?

2. Do I have to change my status from 'Single' to 'Married' (in Passport & Visa Application) before going for stamping ?

3. What if the interviewer asks me, why didn't I change my status after marriage immediately ? Is it considered as Offence & non disclosure of information ?

PS: By the time I wanted to change my status from Single to Married in H1B application, my case status changed to Approved.

Kindly help

Regards,

Amar Kiran

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X