H1B visa extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa extension

I have H1 B visa and i change my company and my new employer apply H1B extension visa for me.....
    what are the time period take to get extension visa...do i need to go back again in india to get my stamp.
    please guide

H1B visa extension

It would take 2 to 4 months in regular process and you will get the result in 15 days in PP mode.

Once it is approved, and when you go out of country next time, If your existing stamped visa on your passport expired at that time, then you have to have a valid visa to enter again to the country. It's your choice where you want to get your new visa.

This is my opinion.

Comment

H1B visa extension

Thanks for your opinion
      I was on H1B visa with Company A till oct 2014....and in the month of April 13 I change the company to B and apply for H1B transfer and i got USCIS letter on 28th may 2013.
      still i am waiting for my transfer extension papers.....
      As i contacted USCIS in last week and they told me that i will get the paper by nov 13 end.
      i am planning to go india in Jan 14 for 1 month ....my question is do i need to stamp my visa again from India as my I94 is valid till Oct14...or Can i stamp my new visa from USA
      Waiting for your opinion
      Thanks
      Varsha

Comment

H1B visa extension

As I said, if your current visa stamped on your passport is not valid when you return, then you have to go for a stamping. If it is valid (yes even if it has your old employer name on it) you can return using your new I797.

I94 is just an authorization to stay in the US and will not allow you to enter the country if you don't have a valid stamp on your passport.

This is my opinion!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X