Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Conversion!

Hello,
    I got my H1 approved for this fiscal year. I came to US on H4 visa before the approval of my H-1B.
    My employer told me that it was done through consular process. So to start working on H1 do I need to get stamped in India and start working after approval or can I start working from October 1st without going to India for stamping?
    I was little confused on this all the help is appreciated.
    I will be gratefully thank all for the replies.

H4 to H1 Conversion!

Your employer can do a COS from H4 to H1 and you can start working once after approved. You need to go for a stamping when you go out of country.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      Your employer can do a COS from H4 to H1 and you can start working once after approved. You need to go for a stamping when you go out of country.
      Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Do you have any idea how long will the COS takes place? Also we cannot start working until we have the COS is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

H4 to H1 Conversion!

As I said, If you really want to work soon, You need to go out of country, get h1 stamped, then return using your h1 and can start work from the day one.

If you do not want to go for a stamping, then you can apply for COS (it should be 2 to 4 months, Not sure) and wait for the approval to work.

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X