Job Change on H1B Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Change on H1B Visa

I am working on H1B visa which is valid til September 2014 but I have better offer. If I accept the job my new comany will have to apply for H1B visa as well?

Do I have to travel back to Pakistan in order for my new company to issue me work visa? How does it work? Need some help.
    Thanks
    Jamil

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by airborne View Post
      I am working on H1B visa which is valid til September 2014 but I have better offer. If I accept the job my new comany will have to apply for H1B visa as well?

Do I have to travel back to Pakistan in order for my new company to issue me work visa? How does it work? Need some help.
      Thanks
      Jamil
      Hello, Jamil.

Your new employer will tell you (if they know that you are on H1) that they will sponsor your H1B. Only then it means a job offer for immigrants. If someone is not willing to sponsor the visa then there is no job, correct?

You do not need to travel to Pakistan to get the visa transferred. It can be / is done within USA. Also, if you tell your employer to file for extension you might get another 3 years work permit without having to travel to Pakistan.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
      These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X