Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping

Hi All,

I am Lakshmi, my h1 got approved last week and both my husband h1 and my h4 extensions are under process which were filed in the month of July 2013 before the expiry of our I-94 which was valid till 10 Oct 2013. I have not yet started working as I have plans to travel to India in the coming week due to personal reasons and planning to get the stamping done at Mexico or Canada. Is it possible in my case of what is the solution?Please suggest confused a lot.

Thanks & Regards,
    Lakshmi

Originally posted by Lakshmisatharasi View Post
    Hi All,

I am Lakshmi, my h1 got approved last week and both my husband h1 and my h4 extensions are under process which were filed in the month of July 2013 before the expiry of our I-94 which was valid till 10 Oct 2013. I have not yet started working as I have plans to travel to India in the coming week due to personal reasons and planning to get the stamping done at Mexico or Canada. Is it possible in my case of what is the solution?Please suggest confused a lot.

Thanks & Regards,
    Lakshmi
    Was H1 approved as COS? If yes, you should be working with H1 employer.

On what visa are you going to come back from India to US?

Comment

Stamping

Thanks for the quick response.my h1 is not approved as COS and I am in us and planning to go to India for a week.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.my h1 is not approved as COS and I am in us and planning to go to India for a week.
        Do you have H4 visa validity to return back? Further, for future H1 stamping, as it will be your first H1 stamping, it has to be from your home country.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Stamping

I am awaiting for H4 extension approval.

Comment

Stamping

Please let me know if I get the approval for H4 can I go to Mexico for stamping as I had done my first H4 stamping in chennai.

Comment

You would need valid H4 in passport in order to return. If the current one has expired, you would need to go for fresh stamping. H4 stamping in Mexico could be possible if H1 documentation is in order.

Comment

Stamping

You mean the documentation of my husband H1 extension approval is it? Or on getting extension approval can I travel to India and get the stamping done there before returning back to US and do COS to my H1.

Please suggest.

Comment

You mean the documentation of my husband H1 extension approval is it? Or on getting extension approval can I travel to India and get the stamping done there before returning back to US and do COS to my H1.

Please suggest.
                  Yes if your spouses H1 extension is approved you can go for H4 stamping upon your visit to India, and return to US on H4 and then later on do a COS to H1.

Comment

Stamping

Thank you.any idea how many days will it take once we file for COS to get back to H1 and what will be the charges against the same.

Comment

Thank you.any idea how many days will it take once we file for COS to get back to H1 and what will be the charges against the same.
                      15 days if done in premium, 2-4 months if regular processing. This is without RFE, if any.

As for cost, it can range from 1000 to 5000 USD depending upon, premium or no premium, lawyer fees etc...

Comment

Stamping

Thank you very much for the detailed info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X