I-94 Expiration during H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Expiration during H1B Transfer

Due to my old passport expiry date, my I-94 is expiring on 28th Nov . My H1B Visa is valid till Sep'2015. I have got my passport renewed now.

I plan to travel to Canada for a weekend trip and return back so that I could get a new I-94.

I work for Company A that holds my H1B and now been offered by Company B to transfer my H1B. Company B had filled for LCA and upon approval will be filling for H1B , hopefully sometime before 28th Nov.

In case, if Company B files for H1B before my I-94 Expiry date, do I still need to travel to Canada to get a new I-94 or will the extension for existing I-94 be applied by default along with H1B filling ?

Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated

I-94 Expiration during H1B Transfer

You don't need to travel to get a new i94 as you would get the new one along with the approved petition.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      You don't need to travel to get a new i94 as you would get the new one along with the approved petition.

This is my opinion.

Hello kadkhiq81,

Thanks for your response.

Also, could you pls. tell me whether I should ask my employer for any confirmation letter or receipt that extension for I-94 has been applied ? .

I ask this coz I guess usually it takes 3-4 months to know about the H1 status and in the mean time, If I need to travel to India for any emergency reason, will there be any issue at that time while traveling outside the country ?

Kindly let me know. Thanks again for your response earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by woodybuzz View Post
        Due to my old passport expiry date, my I-94 is expiring on 28th Nov . My H1B Visa is valid till Sep'2015. I have got my passport renewed now.

I plan to travel to Canada for a weekend trip and return back so that I could get a new I-94.

I work for Company A that holds my H1B and now been offered by Company B to transfer my H1B. Company B had filled for LCA and upon approval will be filling for H1B , hopefully sometime before 28th Nov.

In case, if Company B files for H1B before my I-94 Expiry date, do I still need to travel to Canada to get a new I-94 or will the extension for existing I-94 be applied by default along with H1B filling ?

Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated
        As long as the transfer petition receipt date falls before I-94 expiry date, you will be fine.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X