Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa query & H1B Transfer

Hi,

Right now I am in US , with valid H1b visa valid untill 2015 . My plan is to , set up things Initially & then bring my family. I did not initiate H4 dependent visa for my family , below are few queries .

1) I am planning to change the employer (H1B Transfer) , is it better idea to initiate H4 visa for my family with the new employer?

2) What is the case , if I initiate & get stamping of H4 visa with my current employer , do I need to again go for stamping after I changed to new employer?

Let me know the best way in terms of process/minimal rejection whether to get H4 visa stamping with my current employer or with new employer

H4 Visa query & H1B Transfer

1. Do your h1 transfer first and you can have your family appear for h4 stamping. You don't have to go for h1 stamping as your h1 is valid till 2015. This is the best option as you would get new approval notice based on your new job description and the job duration.. You
    Would get a new i94 attached to that approved notice and there might be a chance of getting more duration. If that happens, your family would get more h4 duration based on your new i94. So, it's better to have them appear once you get your transfer approved.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      1. Do your h1 transfer first and you can have your family appear for h4 stamping. You don't have to go for h1 stamping as your h1 is valid till 2015. This is the best option as you would get new approval notice based on your new job description and the job duration.. You
      Would get a new i94 attached to that approved notice and there might be a chance of getting more duration. If that happens, your family would get more h4 duration based on your new i94. So, it's better to have them appear once you get your transfer approved.
      Thanks for the quick reply .

What is the case , if I initiate & get stamping of H4 visa with my current employer , do my dependents need to again go for stamping after I changed to new employer?

Comment

H4 Visa query & H1B Transfer

Mostly h4 would not get deny if you have all your h1 paper and other documents properly. So, it doesn't really matter which company you work for.

Say, your visa valid till may 2014, and if you initiate h4 now for your family, they will get their visa only till may 2014. But if you initiate the transfer now, and you might get your petition validity date longer based on your new job description. That would help your family to get longer h4 duration based on your new i94.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X