Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping for F2

Hi,

I went to U.S in April 2013 on F2 visa(dependent to F1) while i was in U.S i applied for change of status from F2 to F1. My application is in pending status. Meanwhile on OCt 1st 2013 my husband's H1 got activated and he is on H1 now. I was told that as i applied for F1 and my application is under process am not out of status even though my husband is on H1.

I came back to India on Nov 9th 2013, I have my H4 Visa appointment scheduled on 29th November. Will i face any problems during my interview.Please suggest me any Ideas to convince the U.S consulate.

Your Visa application will be fine.

There are status complications involved though.

If change of status gets approved while you are abroad, it will be meaningless. Your status will remain H4 when you use H4 Visa to return. (You will have to apply for COS to F1 again or travel and return with F1 Visa). You can also obtain F1 Visa while abroad and return directly in F1 status.

If change of status is approved after you return with H4 Visa, your status will change to F1. You will then have to maintain F1 status by registering as a full-time student from the first available semester.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank You for the reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X