Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 petition approved in 2009 but visa not stamped

Hello,

My H1 petition was lodged through Company A in India and was approved in the year 2009. But it never got stamped and i left the company in same year. So far, I've never been to US on any visa.

Queries -
    How can i find out if the approved petition is still valid & can be transferred to other employer?
    Unfortunately, I don't have any receipt no. or approval notice with me. Will the US consulate have record of my approved petition?
    I'm interested to work in US & intend to apply for jobs but want to if the approved petition can be of any help here?

Could anyone please answer my queries?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Globetrotter_me View Post
    Hello,

My H1 petition was lodged through Company A in India and was approved in the year 2009. But it never got stamped and i left the company in same year. So far, I've never been to US on any visa.

Queries -
    How can i find out if the approved petition is still valid & can be transferred to other employer?
    Unfortunately, I don't have any receipt no. or approval notice with me. Will the US consulate have record of my approved petition?
    I'm interested to work in US & intend to apply for jobs but want to if the approved petition can be of any help here?

Could anyone please answer my queries?

Thanks!
    Hello, Globetrotter.

If you can get the old petition details, a number etc., i think a fresh petition can be filed for you where you will be cap exempt. Then, you can appear for the interview and work in the US. But, to file for petition, the employer would like to see your old petition or some information around it.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X