Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Interview Waiver Program (IWP)

Hi,

My case: I live and work in USA and currently in H1B that expires in 3 months from today. I am going to India to get married + to get my visa renewed and also to assist my my to be wife get H4 visa. While making an appointment I came across the step where I can select if I am qualified for Interview Waiver Program "Dropbox". My questions regards to the same:

1) One of the requirements, "My most recent visa was issued in India". My H1B visa was issued in 2011. Since then I have traveled to Europe couple times for business trip on business visa. Can I say "Yes or No" to this requirement considering the latest visa issued to me was of Europe?

2) The first time my H1B petition was filed, it was by company ABC (original petitioner). Last year, ABC company got acquired by company XYZ (new petitioner) which is filing my H1B renewal. In I-29 my new petitioner has mentioned about this acquisition. One of the requirements to qualify for IWC is that the visa renewal should be filed by the same petitioner. Am I eligible considering the acquisition and referral in the I-29?

3) My to be wife have never been to the USA. I understand that I might be eligible for IWP as it's H1B renewal but it will be first time for my wife to file the application. If I am qualified for IWP, can she be too qualified for the same as I have included her DS-160 confirmation as my family while making an appointment?

Thank you for your time and help here. Appreciate it.

Jai

Originally posted by JRMH1B View Post
    Hi,

My case: I live and work in USA and currently in H1B that expires in 3 months from today. I am going to India to get married + to get my visa renewed and also to assist my my to be wife get H4 visa. While making an appointment I came across the step where I can select if I am qualified for Interview Waiver Program "Dropbox". My questions regards to the same:

1) One of the requirements, "My most recent visa was issued in India". My H1B visa was issued in 2011. Since then I have traveled to Europe couple times for business trip on business visa. Can I say "Yes or No" to this requirement considering the latest visa issued to me was of Europe?

2) The first time my H1B petition was filed, it was by company ABC (original petitioner). Last year, ABC company got acquired by company XYZ (new petitioner) which is filing my H1B renewal. In I-29 my new petitioner has mentioned about this acquisition. One of the requirements to qualify for IWC is that the visa renewal should be filed by the same petitioner. Am I eligible considering the acquisition and referral in the I-29?

3) My to be wife have never been to the USA. I understand that I might be eligible for IWP as it's H1B renewal but it will be first time for my wife to file the application. If I am qualified for IWP, can she be too qualified for the same as I have included her DS-160 confirmation as my family while making an appointment?

Thank you for your time and help here. Appreciate it.

Jai
    1. By "most recent visa" they mean most recent US visa.If H1 was issued in India you can say YES.
    2. As petitioner has changed (even if acquired) I believe you wouldn't qualify for the Visa waiver. Remember, interview waiver is at the discretion of the consulate, even if one is eligible the consular officers can call for interview.
    3. Even more reason why you should attend H1 interview along with H4 for your spouse. Even if you may be eligible for IWP, your spouse wouldn't get the benefit as its her first time stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. By "most recent visa" they mean most recent US visa.If H1 was issued in India you can say YES.
      2. As petitioner has changed (even if acquired) I believe you wouldn't qualify for the Visa waiver. Remember, interview waiver is at the discretion of the consulate, even if one is eligible the consular officers can call for interview.
      3. Even more reason why you should attend H1 interview along with H4 for your spouse. Even if you may be eligible for IWP, your spouse wouldn't get the benefit as its her first time stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X