H1B VISA correction time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA correction time ?

I appeared for H1B visa and my visa was approved ,few days later when i received my passport i saw someone else's VISA was stamped on my passport

It was complete mix up by US embassy there was another person with same first name as me who appeared for VISA interview and embassy had stamped my visa on his passport and his visa on my passport .

I met that guy at collection center so I saw my own visa on his passport

I immediately submitted my passport for correction and that person did the same . I have not heard from US embassy since and on case status page my VISA status got changed from issued to administrative processing

I am very frustrated and stressful as this was completely a mistake by embassy

Does anyone know why my case would go to administrative processing and how long correction will take

embassy has not contacted me and i am unable to get any info on timelines etc from them
    Last edited by Prabhjot1985; 11-18-2013, 07:09 PM.

Originally posted by Prabhjot1985 View Post
    I appeared for H1B visa and my visa was approved .few days later when i received my passport i saw some one else VISA was stamped on my passport

It was complete mix up by US embassy there was another person with same first name as me who appeared for VISA interview and embassy had stamped my visa on his passport and his visa on my passport .

I met that guy at collection center so I saw my own visa his passport

I immediately submitted my passport for correction and that person did the same . I have not heard from US embassy since and on case status page my VISA status got changed from issued to administrative processing

Does anyone know why my case would go to administrative processing and how long correction will take

embassy has not contacted me and i am unable to get any info on timelines etc from them
    No one can give a timeline for it. It was their mistake and they will correct it but how soon no one can predict.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi prabhjot1985
      I am also in similar situation where my visa was given for 2 months instead of 2 years in hyderabad.i submitted for visa correction 3 days before and till now there is no update.

Can you let me know if your visa was corrected if yes how long did it take and what was the consulate

Thanks
      KRISH

Originally posted by Prabhjot1985;317060te
      I appeared for H1B visa and my visa was approved ,few days later when i received my passport i saw someone else's VISA was stamped on my passport

Comment

Got my visa corrected it took approximately 5 days to correct the visa.

Comment

Originally posted by KRISH_HYD View Post
          Got my visa corrected it took approximately 5 days to correct the visa.
          KRISH_HYD: Can you please tell whether your visa application status was "Administrative processing" while you were waiting for your visa to be corrected?

Comment

question to Prabhjot1985

Prabhjot1985 did they provide the visa to you . If so how long did it take ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Prabhjot1985 View Post

============================================================ ========================
            Hi Prabhjot1985 did they provide the visa to you . If so how long did it take ? did you follow any other procedure . Kindly advise

Comment

Tentative time it took for correction

Please update

- - - Updated - - -

capriciousmaze did u get ur visa corrected if so how long it took

Comment

Capricikusmaze or pgus2014,Can you tell me how long it took for visa corrections.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X