Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - B transfer with new employer

Hi,

I am working for Company A and accepted job in Company B. Company B started h1-b transfer and it is in process and I received the receipt also but now I am not interested to join Company B because of some personal issues.

Now if I reject Company B offer, will it be a legal problem?

I have visa validity with Company A till February 2014 and I am planning to travel to India in November last week (coming week) for two weeks. while re-entering to US, will I get into any issues? because H1-B transfer process is in progress with Company B. Please advice ASAP. Highly appreciate your help.

Thanks
    kumar

Originally posted by torealfren View Post
    Hi,

I am working for Company A and accepted job in Company B. Company B started h1-b transfer and it is in process and I received the receipt also but now I am not interested to join Company B because of some personal issues.

Now if I reject Company B offer, will it be a legal problem?

I have visa validity with Company A till February 2014 and I am planning to travel to India in November last week (coming week) for two weeks. while re-entering to US, will I get into any issues? because H1-B transfer process is in progress with Company B. Please advice ASAP. Highly appreciate your help.

Thanks
    kumar
    I don't see any issues as long as you Have a valid I 94 and haven't signed a contract with B. You can use and work with company A as long as you have a valid petition and I94 with them. Also, you can enter US on the current visa till Feb 2014. The only thing You should plan for is when you enter US in Dec 2013 you would most likely get I94 only till Feb 2014 and would need to file an extension subsequently.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I don't see any issues as long as you Have a valid I 94 and haven't signed a contract with B. You can use and work with company A as long as you have a valid petition and I94 with them. Also, you can enter US on the current visa till Feb 2014. The only thing You should plan for is when you enter US in Dec 2013 you would most likely get I94 only till Feb 2014 and would need to file an extension subsequently.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for your reply. But here I have already signed my offer letter(just signed and accepted not yet joined) with Employer B. so will it create any problems while entering into US?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X