Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4

Hi All,

I have heard a lot about this site and with a hope of finding an answer, I present my query. I was told that if a person holds a h1B visa and will be quitting the job and gets a H4, he/she can use that once available H1B to find a new job and that he/she doesnot have to undergo the same pain of converting a H4 to H1B. Is that true ? Is there a limit on the number of days that someone is eligible to use a H1B inspite of not holding it ?

Thanks,
    Pradeep.

Originally posted by pradeep2012 View Post
    Hi All,

I have heard a lot about this site and with a hope of finding an answer, I present my query. I was told that if a person holds a h1B visa and will be quitting the job and gets a H4, he/she can use that once available H1B to find a new job and that he/she doesnot have to undergo the same pain of converting a H4 to H1B. Is that true ? Is there a limit on the number of days that someone is eligible to use a H1B inspite of not holding it ?

Thanks,
    Pradeep.
    Your question is not clear.
    If a person is on H1 in order to maintain status he/she has to work and get paid. If they quit, a Change of Status such as H1 to H4 , has to be applied before last work day.

Once on H4 you cannot work. In order to get back to H1 to work you have to file H4 to H1 Change of Status provided 6 Year limit on H1 hasnt yet completed.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X