Can i use old CAP for new petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i use old CAP for new petition?

Reading through the forums I do understand that I can file for an H1B using my old CAP. Process and procedure?

I was working from 2007-2010, and I left US in 2010. My petition was approved in 2006 and got my visa stamped in Nov 2006. Got my Perm approved in Feb 2010 and i left US in Apr 2010.

Now I plan to return back, my query is
    1. Can a new petition be filed with the old CAP as I haven't reached the 6 year limit?
    2. If so, what is the process for filing a new petition and the approximate time span?
    3. If the filing is a success where do I have to get the stamping for the visa , as I stay in Malaysia.
    Do I have to go back to my hometown (India) or can I get it done in KL?
    4. What will be the procedure to apply visas for my dependents in this case?

Regards
    tsrini

senior members- can you please respond to the queries and advise?

Comment

Originally posted by tsrini View Post
      Reading through the forums I do understand that I can file for an H1B using my old CAP. Process and procedure?

I was working from 2007-2010, and I left US in 2010. My petition was approved in 2006 and got my visa stamped in Nov 2006. Got my Perm approved in Feb 2010 and i left US in Apr 2010.

Now I plan to return back, my query is
      1. Can a new petition be filed with the old CAP as I haven't reached the 6 year limit? -- Yes
      2. If so, what is the process for filing a new petition and the approximate time span? -- Find a job and the employer will file the cap-exempt petition. Petition can take 2 to 3 months in regular and 15 days in premium.
      3. If the filing is a success where do I have to get the stamping for the visa , as I stay in Malaysia. -- Yes, you can apply for the Visa at any US Consulate.
      Do I have to go back to my hometown (India) or can I get it done in KL?
      4. What will be the procedure to apply visas for my dependents in this case? -- Your spouse and children can apply for H4 Visa after the H1 petition is approved.

Regards
      tsrini
      See above.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X