Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B visa- i797 not visible in interviwing officer's system, during visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa- i797 not visible in interviwing officer's system, during visa interview

Hello,

When I went for visa stamping @chennai consulate, I was told that my i797 was not yet visible in the system
    and hence the visa approval could not be completed today. But the
    interviewing officer took my passport and a photo copy of my original i797,
    and I was also told that I will get a confirmation email in the next two
    days regarding the approval of my H1B visa . He said he couldnt approve my visa because he was not seeing my i797 on his system.

Has anyone been in similar situation? Was this resolved without any problem? Is it a technical system error or
    will this go into administrative process for further analysis? I was not given 221G or any other slip to send further documents. But I was told that they will get back to me in couple of days regarding approval of my visa.

Thank you

Originally posted by Sampavan View Post
    Hello,

When I went for visa stamping @chennai consulate, I was told that my i797 was not yet visible in the system
    days regarding the approval of my H1B visa . He said he couldnt approve my visa because he was not seeing my i797 on his system.

Has anyone been in similar situation? Was this resolved without any problem? Is it a technical system error or
    will this go into administrative process for further analysis? I was not given 221G or any other slip to send further documents. But I was told that they will get back to me in couple of days regarding approval of my visa.

Thank you
    hi,

I am also in similar situation. Let me know what happen to your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Sampavan View Post
      Hello,

Thank you
      I had the same problem in 2009 the visa was approved in a week.It will be ok if they have taken the passport

Comment

I too in a similar situation. Let me know what happened to your case.

hi,

Comment

Did you get any updates in your case? Please reply

Originally posted by aryanrobin View Post
          hi,

Hi Aryanrobin,
          I got into this similar situation today. I was told visa could not be approved today but the officer took the photo copy of i797 and passport. I didnt get any slips or anything of that sort. Did you get your approval yet? If yes, how long it took as I had booked my flight in a week:-(

Regards
          Siva

Comment

Hi,

I got into this similar situation today. I was told visa could not be approved today but the officer took the photo copy of i797 and passport. I didnt get any slips or anything of that sort. Did you get your approval yet? If yes, how long it took as I had booked my flight in a week:-(

Please let me know your valuable inputs...

Regards
            Siva

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X