H1B Visa refused due to passport lamination peeling off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa refused due to passport lamination peeling off

I had appeared for H1B visa interview where I received the 221(g)(green slip); letter requesting me to submit various documents (employer sponsorship letter, resume, details of US job etc);.

After 2 weeks, my case number (number AA00 YYYY XX); appeared online .
    I submitted my passport the same day to the dropoff location. After 4 days, I received back my passport where I was hoping to find my visa in it. To my shock, there was no visa. An additional 221(g) letter was included (white slip) requesting me to submit a new passport. Few people informed me that this happened due to the lamination in the 1st page of the passport was peeling off, hence, the passport is considered "damaged".

I am currently racing to get a new passport so that I can re-submit and avoid extension of my stay in India. The passport agent said that the passport is too damaged to be fixed by simple re-lamination.

My question is the following :

1. After I submit my new passport, I would like to get it back asap. Instead of submitting it in Pune (my hometown), I would like to submit it in Mumbai OFC and choose it as the document pickup location. Does anybody know if I submit the passport in Mumbai OFC at Monday 10am, how long will it take for me to receive back the passport? Same day or next day?

2. Has anybody experienced a similar situation before? Can anything other than "lamination peeling off" be the reason of the passport being rejected

Hello my friend,

Dont worry, this happened to me in 2006 ...they will issues u r visa , just submit the passport at the Mumbai location and you should get it on the same day or they may courier it . You will surely get Visa.

All the Best
    KJJ

Comment

Dont worry

Same thing happened to me in 2010. I got the passport back in 2 days.

Good Luck!!

Comment

marriage case pending

I had my interview 3 months ago for marriage base greencard interview was good.. Officer said i m gonna recieve lettet in 3 weeks but i dint recive any letter...

Comment

Can somebody tell me whts going on with my case wht gonna happen.. I m worrying so much abt this

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X