Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa under cap exempt approved - Interview

Hi,

I had a H1B Visa (filed by Employer A) approved in 2012 cap which I did not use at all and it got expired.
    Fortunately now Employer B has filed cap exempt and got the Petition approved with 3 years validity (2013 - 2016).

My Visa interview is scheduled in the next 10 days and following are my questions?

1) In the Visa Interview, can I face a question by Visa Officer about not using my previous H1B Visa

2) If Yes, what could be a valid answer that you would suggest ?

3) The current Employer B has given me an in house project. I do not have a client letter. I am worried if "in house project" causes problem for my Visa. I am in an impression that client letter has more weightage than an in house project. Please clarify.

4) I would b joining that company B directly in US. So can I expect some questions regarding new employment ?

Thanks,

Arvind

Originally posted by ashokm View Post
    Hi,

I had a H1B Visa (filed by Employer A) approved in 2012 cap which I did not use at all and it got expired.
    Fortunately now Employer B has filed cap exempt and got the Petition approved with 3 years validity (2013 - 2016).

My Visa interview is scheduled in the next 10 days and following are my questions?

1) In the Visa Interview, can I face a question by Visa Officer about not using my previous H1B Visa

2) If Yes, what could be a valid answer that you would suggest ?

3) The current Employer B has given me an in house project. I do not have a client letter. I am worried if "in house project" causes problem for my Visa. I am in an impression that client letter has more weightage than an in house project. Please clarify.

4) I would b joining that company B directly in US. So can I expect some questions regarding new employment ?

Thanks,

Arvind
    1. I really doubt they would ask you about that. The interview would be about your current petition and current employer not previous one.
    2. Even if they ask you can say that there wasnt any work/project hence you didnt need to go.
    3. A Client letter or direct employment certainly has much more weight age than an internal project requirement. If the internal project is for a big product based company it might be viewed differently.
    4. Of course. How you got to know about them, how did you get hired, location, salary, company profile etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

interview experience (H1B Cap Exempt)

Hello,

Can you please share your interview experience? (H1B Cap Exempt)

I am also in the same situation and your experience can help me a lot.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X