221(g) white slip given for H4 VISA and passport was also given back to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) white slip given for H4 VISA and passport was also given back to me

I had my interview for H4 Visa at Hyderabad, they gave me a 221(g) white slip and ticked the first box which stated "You will receive further instructions at the email address provided. If you do not hear from us within five days, you should email us."
    So after five days I mailed them but I didn't get any reply so far except the automated message. And they have given my passport back to me at the time of interview.
    Anybody in same situation, please let me know how much time does it take normally? Usually they keep passports with them, but mine they have given back along with the slip, so is it normal?

Originally posted by kauk22 View Post
    I had my interview for H4 Visa at Hyderabad, they gave me a 221(g) white slip and ticked the first box which stated "You will receive further instructions at the email address provided. If you do not hear from us within five days, you should email us."
    So after five days I mailed them but I didn't get any reply so far except the automated message. And they have given my passport back to me at the time of interview.
    Anybody in same situation, please let me know how much time does it take normally? Usually they keep passports with them, but mine they have given back along with the slip, so is it normal?
    Difficult to say. Please post what happened in the interview. What questions were asked and what replies you gave. Do you or spouse have education/work belonging to the TAL domains? Do you or spouse have any past travel/renewal hiccups? Any out of status/illegal stay periods?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Urgent help needed for proceeding with 221g white receipt

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Difficult to say. Please post what happened in the interview. What questions were asked and what replies you gave. Do you or spouse have education/work belonging to the TAL domains? Do you or spouse have any past travel/renewal hiccups? Any out of status/illegal stay periods?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi

Need help for Proceeding next step of 221G –White Receipt

Background:

I have applied for H4 VISA for me and my son , (My husband went to USA in February 14 on B1 visa and He has done Change of Status .From B1 to H1 he has vaid his I797A,LCA and he is working there from last 4 months)

"221g white recipt on applying H4 VISA"

My H4 Visa interview was on June 17th 2014

Case number –AA004519OI

case number-AA00451HN6

VO has given me 221g White receipt ,-on 221 g receipt, Under section Other ,VO has written "Husband has H1bVisa OR in US and has change of status "

VO said their record is not showing that my husband is USA and on H1 VISA .She said that My husband should contact to one of USCIS office for showing his COS OR H1 B stamped

My husband reached out Charlotte USCIS ,But it didn't help

Can you Please suggest us next step …how to deal with this situation

Awaiting for response

Thank you!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X